With a couple of hard life experiences behind her, and a head full of songs ready to tell about it, Debbie Goodman packed up a U-Haul and headed to Los Angeles with her guitar and her percussionist. She left behind a budding country career in Nashville to pursue pop and rock in more progressive California.
In the song Beautiful Girl – which you can hear at every major grocery store in the US right now – Debbie Goodman sings about finding acceptance with the untimely loss of her sister, and fans say, “That’s exactly how I feel”. Debbie later said she felt the same way when she heard her idol, pop star Grace Potter sing the song “Stars”. Other influences include Led Zepplin, who she loves covering with her band Debbie and the GoodMan Band! Debbie also looks up to country star Miranda Lambert for her rebellious feistiness.
Her original rock and country crossover tunes and that undeniable twang in her voice reveals an Oklahoma City upbringing with a nice mix of Tennessee. From East Coast to West Coast and right in the middle, Debbie Goodman has touched the nation with songs that come straight from her own real life.
NO COVER UNLESS SPECIFIED! Happy 2019:
* Debbie and the GoodMan Band at Shenanigans in Long Beach, CA on Thursday, April 18 from 6pm to 10pm
* Debbie and the GoodMan Band at Schooners in Redondo Beach, CA on Friday, May 10 from 8:30pm to 12:30pm
* Debbie and the GoodMan Band at Joxer Daley’s in Culver City, CA on Friday, May 17 from 9:30pm to 1:15am
* Debbie and the GoodMan Band at Shenanigans in Long Beach, CA on Friday, June 7 from 3pm to 7pm
* Debbie and the GoodMan Band at Lomita Alehouse in Lomita, CA on Saturday, June 15 from 8pm to 11pm
* Debbie and the GoodMan Band at Schooners in Redondo Beach, CA on Friday, June 21 from 8:30pm to 12:30pm
* Debbie and the GoodMan Band at Shenanigans in Long Beach, CA on Wednesday, July 17 from 6pm to 10pm
* Debbie and the GoodMan Band at Shenanigans in Long Beach, CA on Saturday, August 24 from 2pm to 6pm
* Debbie and the GoodMan Band play the Desert Room in Gardena, CA, usually the first Tuesday of every month 7pm to 10pm!! Please check the band site for up-to-date details!
“When I was 5 years old, my mother always told me that happiness was the key to life. When I went to school, they asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up. I wrote down ‘happy’. They told me I didn’t understand the assignment, and I told them they didn’t understand life.” -John Lennon (1940-1980)
To sign up for our newsletter CONTACT ME below!