With a couple of hard life experiences behind her, and a head full of songs ready to tell about it, Debbie Goodman packed up a U-Haul and headed to Los Angeles with her guitar and her percussionist. She left behind a budding country career in Nashville to pursue pop and rock in more progressive California.
In the song Beautiful Girl – which you can hear at every major grocery store in the US right now – Debbie Goodman sings about finding acceptance with the untimely loss of her sister, and fans say, “That’s exactly how I feel”. Debbie later said she felt the same way when she heard her idol, pop star Grace Potter sing the song “Stars”. Other influences include Led Zepplin, who she loves covering with her band Debbie and the GoodMan Band! Debbie also looks up to country star Miranda Lambert for her rebellious feistiness.
Her original rock and country crossover tunes and that undeniable twang in her voice reveals an Oklahoma City upbringing with a nice mix of Tennessee. From East Coast to West Coast and right in the middle, Debbie Goodman has touched the nation with songs that come straight from her own real life.
NO COVER UNLESS SPECIFIED! Happy 2017:
* Debbie and the GoodMan Band at The Bull Pen in Redondo Beach on Thursday, March 23 from 8:30pm to 12:30am
* Debbie and the GoodMan Band at the Desert Room in Gardena on Tuesday, March 28 from 7pm to 10pm
* Debbie and the GoodMan Band at Shenanigans in Long Beach, CA on Thursday, March 30 from 7pm to 11pm
* Debbie and the GoodMan Band at Joxer Daly’s in Culver City on Saturday, April 8 all night
* Debbie and the GoodMan Band at Malibu Wines in Malibu on Saturday, April 15 from 3pm to 6pm
* Debbie and the GoodMan Band at Shenanigans in Long Beach, CA on Friday, April 28 from 8pm to midnight
* Debbie and the GoodMan Band at Malibu Wines in Malibu on Saturday, May 13 from 6pm to 9pm
* Debbie and the GoodMan Band at Shenanigans in Long Beach on Friday, May 26 from 8pm to midnight
* Debbie and the GoodMan Band at Surf Dogs in Huntington Beach on Friday, June 16 all night
* Debbie and the GoodMan Band play the Desert Room in Gardena, CA the first Tuesday of every month 7pm to 10pm!!!
“When I was 5 years old, my mother always told me that happiness was the key to life. When I went to school, they asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up. I wrote down ‘happy’. They told me I didn’t understand the assignment, and I told them they didn’t understand life.” -John Lennon (1940-1980)
To sign up for our newsletter CONTACT ME below!