Sugar Monster – Nani Nani Kids – Debbie Goodman – Music- Made at Youtube Space LA
With a couple of hard life experiences behind her, and a head full of songs ready to tell about it, Debbie Goodman packed up a U-Haul and headed to Los Angeles with her guitar and her percussionist. She left behind a budding country career in Nashville to pursue pop and rock in more progressive California.
In the song Beautiful Girl – which you can hear at every major grocery store in the US right now – Debbie Goodman sings about finding acceptance with the untimely loss of her sister, and fans say, “That’s exactly how I feel”. Debbie later said she felt the same way when she heard her idol, pop star Grace Potter sing the song “Stars”. Other influences include Led Zepplin, who she loves covering with her band Debbie and the GoodMan Band! Debbie also looks up to country star Miranda Lambert for her rebellious feistiness.
Her original rock and country crossover tunes and that undeniable twang in her voice reveals an Oklahoma City upbringing with a nice mix of Tennessee. From East Coast to West Coast and right in the middle, Debbie Goodman has touched the nation with songs that come straight from her own real life.
NO COVER UNLESS SPECIFIED! Happy 2018:
* Debbie and the GoodMan Band at Shenanigans in Long Beach, CA on Friday, June 15 from 3pm to 7pm
* Debbie and the GoodMan Band at The Lighthouse in Hermosa Beach, CA on Thursday, June 21 from 9pm to 1am
* Debbie and the GoodMan Band at Malibu Wines in Malibu, CA on Saturday, June 23 from 3pm to 5pm
* Debbie and the GoodMan Band at Malibu Wines in Malibu, CA on Sunday, July 1 from 4pm to 7pm
* Debbie and the GoodMan Trio at Zinke Wine Co in Los Olivos, CA on Saturday, July 28 from 1pm to 4pm
* Debbie and the GoodMan Trio at Zinke Wine Co in Los Olivos, CA on Saturday, August 18 from 1pm to 4pm
* Debbie and the GoodMan Trio at Steel Craft in Long Beach, CA on Saturday, August 24 from 6pm to 9pm
* Debbie and the GoodMan Band play the Desert Room in Gardena, CA, usually the first Tuesday of every month 7pm to 10pm!! Please check the band site for up-to-date details!
“When I was 5 years old, my mother always told me that happiness was the key to life. When I went to school, they asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up. I wrote down ‘happy’. They told me I didn’t understand the assignment, and I told them they didn’t understand life.” -John Lennon (1940-1980)
To sign up for our newsletter CONTACT ME below!